In November of 2009, while serving as a Lay Missioner in the desert of Mexico, I was bucked off a horse. My left knee twisted and popped. I faced a surgery in Mexico, but it never was quite right. Finally, back in the USA and with Medical Insurance, I am now facing a second surgery, and in the hopes that someone out there facing a similar operation may find this helpefull, this blog is entirely a summary of my knee and my journey...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fitted for my knee brace

Today I ducked out of work and headed to the Cast and brace room at the doctors office.  They fitted me for a post surgery knee brace.  It is big and black and nasty with velcro and buckles like you have on a backback.  There are two little round gadgets at the knee that you can either lock to keep the knee straight, or you can make it so your knee can flex to various degrees.  I got to talking to the woman who was helping me and when I told her about my first surgery, especially the part about how my wooden crutches had no rubber stoppers, and they slipped around, and I had no knee brace, she was shocked! 

Any way, 757 dollars worth of knee brace is in a blood red carry tote in my car ready for March 1st!  I also started collecting change, you know, to pay for it haha.  So far I have $12.87 !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment