In November of 2009, while serving as a Lay Missioner in the desert of Mexico, I was bucked off a horse. My left knee twisted and popped. I faced a surgery in Mexico, but it never was quite right. Finally, back in the USA and with Medical Insurance, I am now facing a second surgery, and in the hopes that someone out there facing a similar operation may find this helpefull, this blog is entirely a summary of my knee and my journey...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

3 weeks 5 days post op

Yesterday I got out of bed and felt like a human!  I could walk with my big brace on with no pain.  I walked all day, and still had no pain.  On friday, during my PT, I got the go ahead to spin on a spin bike!  It was amazing!  I spun for 8 minutes at PT, and was already sweating!  Im sooo out of shape.  I have been trying to find an affordable one somehwere, but everyone wants 400 dollars for them USED!  Its rediculous!  So I can't work out at home yet, until I find one.
The incision sites are pink and gross looking.  I can't wait until they dissappear!  I hope that soon they at least turn white.  Pink is just nasty.
Other than that, I feel amazing.  I feel better than I did before surgery.  I feel steady, square, and my shin bone isn't flopping to the inside.  It feels so good to feel steady!
I have flexion to 118 and full extension!  Thank God our bodies heal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment