In November of 2009, while serving as a Lay Missioner in the desert of Mexico, I was bucked off a horse. My left knee twisted and popped. I faced a surgery in Mexico, but it never was quite right. Finally, back in the USA and with Medical Insurance, I am now facing a second surgery, and in the hopes that someone out there facing a similar operation may find this helpefull, this blog is entirely a summary of my knee and my journey...

Monday, March 28, 2011

One Month Post ACL Recunstruction!

Tomorrow is the one month mile stone!  I am feeling fantastic!  Honestly, I feel better now than ever!  At Physical Therapy, I spun for ten minutes (and that may not seem like a lot, but trust me, its awsome!)  I am now walking great with no pain what so ever.  And, they told me today that in 2 - 4 weeks, I'll be able to ditch this huge nasty $800 brace for a smaller sports brace!  Granted, I stil wont be able to ride my horse, run or do any stairs for a while. (6 months for riding and running.)  But hey, it's fine!  I CAN WALK!  So at least that is some good news :) 

I did however get a bill a few days ago from my insurance company.  Well, not a bill per say, but a letter saying that they arn't paying out.  So now I have to get on top of that one, and find out why the heck they arn't paying.  Stupid insurance.  I mean, seriously!  Why rape me for all I have?  I'm a poor young fresh out of college kid!  Geesh!  Tax return is spent, paycheck is spent... what else can I spend?  I guess I could have a bake sale or something. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment