In November of 2009, while serving as a Lay Missioner in the desert of Mexico, I was bucked off a horse. My left knee twisted and popped. I faced a surgery in Mexico, but it never was quite right. Finally, back in the USA and with Medical Insurance, I am now facing a second surgery, and in the hopes that someone out there facing a similar operation may find this helpefull, this blog is entirely a summary of my knee and my journey...

Friday, March 4, 2011

three days post op

Its three days post op and I decided to stop taking the Oxycodone.  I am managing the painpretty good with tylenol and advil.  The oxycodone was making me feel so weird, and sounds were so loud.  Even the tap water sounds were super super loud, I could barely stand it.  I had to whisper my own voice was hurting me so badly. 
My knee looks ok, pretty darn swollen.  Also, it looks like someone stapeled up the wrong piece of knee... like they dropped the stapler and it got me in the wrong place or something. But other than that, mobility is an issue.  It is hard to want to get up and do anything.  At night I tend to flex my own muscles andhurt myself.  Things pop and it feels like my muscles are cramped or tearing.  Very weird.  Other than that, I can't wait unitl I can walk again!

No comments:

Post a Comment